Amid the public concerns re: COVID-19 we would like to provide an update from South Durham Gymnastics (SDG).
SDG will continue to operate, business as usual, until advised otherwise by Durham County Council.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- Increasing the frequency of our cleaning in our public spaces and matting surfaces, with particular focus on door handles, light switches, railings, etc.
- Keeping soap dispensers and hand towels topped up within our toilets & changing rooms
- Advising all staff to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently, before and after each session
- Instructing the staff to remind all gymnasts to wash their hands / use sanitiser before and after classes; if you hear a coach ask your child to do this, please do not be offended
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Avoid close contact with people who are feeling ill
- Stay at home for 7 days if you/your child/anyone you live with has either a high temperature, or a new, continuous cough (as per NHS guidelines)
- Ensure anyone who enters the gymnastics centre washes their hands immediately once they have entered
- Remind your child to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
We advise all of our members who have concerns about coronavirus to read and follow the current advice published by the UK Government. This advice is updated regularly and includes the latest information about the virus, preventing spread of infection, the current risk level, advice for and about returning travellers and what to do if you believe you have symptoms associated with the virus.
We have always had and will always have a great working ethic at South Durham Gymnastics. Our primary concern is the safety and well-being of SDG members, their families, and our staff. We will continue to notify you of any changes in circumstances as soon as we are aware. For current updates, please check our social media pages; we will also continue to send updates via email.